Thursday, August 12, 2010

aliens and turnips

Second trimester is here at last, and, at least for today, I can now say that I might start believing those of you who have been suggesting that these next few months are the best season of pregnancy. Let's hope today stays for a while.
Just a few weeks ago I was still cursing the world for turning me into something that resembled a slug... and I certainly couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel--fearing I would be one of the rare 'lucky' ones who had morning sickness for all nine months. I was heartbroken at the thought of no longer enjoying food--FEARING food, in fact. It was a very depressing thought.
I was even convinced that perhaps I would live in that sickly state forever. Eternally. Never-ending. I wasn't pregnant, I was a host body for an alien who was taking up permanent residence inside of me.

But thank the Lord I have gained perspective since then. I am currently 17 weeks and 3 days along, and today I actually feel about as normal as one can be while carrying a 5 oz. human inside of your body. Ironically, babycenter.com used "turnip" to describe the baby's size. I don't know about you, but turnip would not be the first fruit or vegetable I would use to describe a cute little growing baby in my womb. And, had that description come up a few weeks ago, I may have hurled at the thought (no really, I might have). I prefer to say "large orange". Much cuter. I can grow attached to an orange much easier than a turnip. However, if the Lord gives us a turnip, I am certain we will love him or her just as much as if they were an orange.

We're hoping for an orange though.

-Charisma

No comments:

Post a Comment